Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thing #12

I have learned a great deal about Google since starting this course.  I have used Google for years now, but only as a search engine.  I always saw the other buttons, but never tried them out.  I tried the Google Calendar, but I did not find that useful for me.  I did really like Google Alerts.  I set up an alert on the Cold War.  This will enable me to find news quickly that I can use in my history classroom.  I plan to set up an alert for all major periods we study.  This application is great for teachers.  Google Alerts does my daily research for me.  I can simply check my email account and have new information to supplement my text book.  What a great resource for the classroom teacher. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Patrick,

    What did you mean exactly by setting up an alert on the cold war? Actually, I guess what I mean, is what parameters did you use for that alert?

    ReplyDelete