I had to create a free account with Gliffy, but I used it to create a Venn diagram. This is an excellent tool to create diagrams and charts for your classroom. It seems to be a little quicker to accomplish than using PowerPoint to create. On the other hand, PowerPoint has more functionality in my opinion. Below is a screenshot of the Venn I created. For the other history geeks out there, do not judge too harshly. I did this on the fly. I am in no way suggesting that these are the only similarities and differences between these leaders.
I used bubl.us to create a brainstorming chart. I have a copy of it below as well.
As for functionality, I think the flowcharts are more useful for the classroom teacher. I routinely use Venn diagrams and Flowcharts in the classes I teach. The mindmapping can be a fun exercise, but it can just as easily be accomplished using the white board or chalkboard. I use technology to make things easier. If it does not do that, I will use whatever is readily available. I could see using the mindmapping more at home while in class I would more likely use the old school method.
I used bubl.us to create a brainstorming chart. I have a copy of it below as well.
As for functionality, I think the flowcharts are more useful for the classroom teacher. I routinely use Venn diagrams and Flowcharts in the classes I teach. The mindmapping can be a fun exercise, but it can just as easily be accomplished using the white board or chalkboard. I use technology to make things easier. If it does not do that, I will use whatever is readily available. I could see using the mindmapping more at home while in class I would more likely use the old school method.


No comments:
Post a Comment