Monday, June 20, 2011

Thing #13

Setting up the account in Zoho was really easy.  It let you on the site with your google password.  For some sharing functions it required some additional security measures.  I made a short document and spreadsheet in Zoho.  They functioned much like MS Office applications.  I was able to use the shortcut keys I am familiar with and the same formulas from excel.   Google was a little more seamless, but I equate that to their bundling of services.  I cut and paste from existing word documents that I had in my files.  The coolest function that I found on Google was the ability to save as a word document.  This is great for those that may now have access to MS office, but will once they get back to their own computer.  You can save as whatever file format you want.  I found the two systems very similar.  The first difference I found was the additional security function for Zoho.  Again, I attribute that to the Google bundle.  I found Google easier to manipulate between your document and your file listing.  Zoho either did not have the button labeled well or it was not there.  I had to minimize between the two.  For Google, I could work on my creation and then it documents to see everything else that I had saved.  I like Google the best primarily because of the download function and the existing account.  I find both are useful.  One of the many advantages of these systems is that they save money.  A student can use these systems to do school work without having to spend additional money on software.  Just another way to save money with technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment