Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thing #9





                                    

This is the link I used to create these images.  http://www.txt2pic.com/toons/2.htm

There are many ways I could use this in the classroom.  The middle picture is a take on the History Channel show "Swamp People."  I can use popular culture items to get the class's attention.  The bottom one is obviously joking around about the Lincoln Memorial.  I can take items of historical significance and have some fun with my students.  I believe that a key to classroom management is keeping children engaged.  One method of doing this is to have a little fun with your students.  I can also use these pictures to get students to use their critical thinking skills.  The top picture shows a farmer saying that this depression doesn't seem any different than last year.  I could ask the students what the farmer means by this statement.  The answer is that the depression was not much different for many farmers.  The boom times of the 1920's were actually hard times for farmers as well.  Therefore, the depression was not that different for them.

I used the comic strip generator for this work.  I found this site to be the easiest to use for the novice level.  The link is above.

No comments:

Post a Comment