Sunday, June 26, 2011

Thing #23

Creative Commons is a great asset in this new collaborative, information sharing world that we live.  During this course I created a lesson plan where I can teach my classes about Creative Commons.  With so much information readily available, it is imperative that students learn and retain the necessary abilities to conduct scholarly research.  In the mentioned lesson plan, students will review the basics of copyright and the creative commons license.  I teach social studies.  I believe that one lasting legacy students take with them from its study is the ability to read, analyze, research, and write about what they have learned.  Students must know how to document others work properly in order to accomplish this.

Below is an example from the 23 Things site that demonstrates the information on the site was taken from another site.  I took this from the Thing #6 instructions.  I copied the below information from that page.

Photo source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/circulating/254126209/

No comments:

Post a Comment